About the Fertile Body Method
The Fertile Body Method (FBM) uses mind-body techniques and visualizations as a part of a holistic approach to fertility problems. The Fertile Body Method can be used to help increase fertility and to address the negative effects of infertility.
The approach follows a 6 stage therapeutic framework and can be used for natural fertility and for couples undergoing medically assisted fertility treatments like IVF.
Psychological and emotional support forms the backbone of the FBM framework.
“Patients who seek emotional support for fertility treatment are often better prepared for their experiences, and find it significantly less stressful than patients who do not. “ -
Alice D. Domar, PhD
How will FBM help me?
In a safe, supportive and non-judgmental place, you can:
- Identify and explore your strengths
- Express your feelings
- Manage your emotions
- Become confident and compassionate toward yourself
- Explore your options
- Gain clarity about your expectations and goals
- Learn and practice new coping skills
- Reduce your stress
- Gain balance
- Improve communication between you and your partner
- Set healthy boundaries to meet own needs
- Explore your values and beliefs
- bring new language towards yourself that is compassion and postive
- Process any death and loss
- Gain a new sense of control over your body and your life
- Come to terms with infertility
So, how do you know if the FBM is for you?
If more than 3 of the problems listed below apply to you, then there is a good chance you may benefit from the program:
- You've been trying to get pregnant - unsuccessfully - for over a year
- You're planning some type of assisted reproductive technique (IUI, ICSI, IVF)
- You're becoming obsessed with getting pregnant and other things seem to matter less
- You've tried everything you know to boost your chance of getting pregnant and nothing seems to be working
- You're beginning to panic because you feel time is running out
- You're beginning to despair that you'll ever get pregnant
- Your work and personal relationships are beginning to suffer because of the strain
- You're jealous and resentful of friends, family and colleagues who are getting pregnant
- You're beginning to avoid friends with young families
- The feeling of disappointment when your period arrives is getting much worse as the months go by
This FBM is one a kind and will leave you feeling more prepared, present and positive.