- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) National Pet Loss Hotline (877) 474-3310
- IAMS Pet Loss Support Center and Hotline (888) 332-7738
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement (APLB) (718)-382-0690 www.aplb.org
- Nikki Hospice Foundation for Pets (707) 557-8595 www.pethospice.org
- Rainbow Bridge www.rainbowbridge.com
- Pet Loss Support Pages pet-loss.net/
- Marty Tousley Tousleym@aol.com www.griefhealing.com
- Healing and Inspirational Poetry http://www.petloss.com/poems/poems.htm
- Heal From Pet Loss: http://www.healfrompetloss.com/index.html
- Abercrombie B. (Ed.) (2011). Cherished: 21 writers on animals they have loved and lost. New World Library.
- Adamec, C. (2000). When your pet dies: Dealing with your grief and helping your children cope. Excel Press.
- Anderson, A. & Anderson, L. (2005). Rainbows and bridges: An animal companion memorial kit. New World Library.
- Anderson, M. (1996). Coping with sorrow on the loss of your pet (2nd Ed.). Peregrine Press.
- Bronson, H. (2000). Dog gone: Coping with the loss of a pet. Bestsell Publications.
Just for Children
- Buscaglia, L. (1982). The fall of Freddie the leaf: A story for all ages. Slack Book Division.
- Cardeccia, K. (2004). Healing your heart when your animal friend is gone: A children’s pet bereavement workbook. Bree’s Gift Publishing.
- Carney, K. (1999). Our special garden: Understanding cremation. Dragonfly Publishing.
- Carney, K. (2001). They’re part of the family. Dragonfly Publishing.
- Davis, C. (2001). For every cat an angel. Lighthearted Press.
- Davis, C. (1997). For every dog an angel. Lighthearted Press.
- Heegaard, M. (2001). Saying goodbye to your pet: Children can learn to cope with pet loss. Fairview.