My name is Iwona Gerner and I am a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor, Fertile Body Method Therapist and Practitioner of Hypnotherapy. I counsel adults who seek personal growth, struggle with loss and grief, and who need assistance managing life's transitions. I am particularly interested in supporting women and men navigate fertility issues, deal with maternal or fraternal depression and anxiety as well as postpartum challenges. I offer support when facing miscarriages, pregnancy termination and infant losses.
I bring to my practice the experience of more than ten years of professional work with people of different cultures and lifestyles. I worked in a variety of settings including centers, residential facilities and jail. My additional training is Hypnotherapy, Fertile Mind/Body Method, Grief-counseling, Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Emotional Freedom Technique and Bringing Baby Home Gottman Training.
- Maternal and Paternal depression/ or anxiety
- Postpartum depression (in women and men)
- Fertility Issues
- Pregnancy after Infertility
- Pregnancy loss
- Pregnancy termination
- Grief and Loss
- Pre-marital counseling
- Parenting support
- Living childless
- Life transitions
- Women's issues
- Stress management
- Self-esteem and personal growth
- Work/life balance
Working with me...
The journey within therapy is all about you. I see you as the expert of your own life and my role is to listen, reflect, and give suggestions while you decide what works for you. I combine psychotherapy with mind body techniques such as guided visualizations and hypnotherapy. Also, I might use sand tray technique to deepen the results of the therapy. My approach is tailored to your particular needs that is supportive, solution focused and insight-oriented. My work with you is to build on your strengths, meet the challenges you are facing and help you reaching the goals you set. I am honored to be a part of your journey towards a future that is hopeful and fulfilling.
I offer therapy in English, German and Polish language
- Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor
- National Certified Counselor
- Practitioner of Hypnotherapy
- Fertile Body Method Certified Therapist
- Master’s degree of Science in Counseling from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Social Work from the University of Applied Sciences of North Rhine-Westphalia, in Cologne (Germany)
- Fertile Body Method Therapist: Post-graduate training (UK)
- Maternal Mental Health Post-graduate Training (Postpartum Support International click here for more information)
- Hypnotherapy Training at the American Hypnosis Training Academy
- American Counseling Association
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Resolve- The National Infertility Association
- Chi Stigma Iota Honor society